Wednesday 15 September 2010

Video Recording exercise










Below is the script we were provided with:
FALLING DOWN – THE BURGER BAR SCENE

WILLIAM FOSTER: Hi.

WAITRESS SHEILA: Can I help you?

WILLIAM FOSTER: I'd like a ham and cheese Whamlette, an order of Wham fries—

WAITRESS SHEILA: Sorry, we stopped serving breakfast. We' re on the lunch menu.

WILLIAM FOSTER: I want breakfast.

WAITRESS SHEILA: We're not serving it.

WILLIAM FOSTER: So you said. Is that the manager? Could I speak to him, please?

WAITRESS SHEILA: Sure. Rick, a customer would like to speak to you.

MANAGER RICK: Yes, sir.

WILLIAM FOSTER: I'd like some breakfast.

MANAGER RICK: We stopped serving breakfast.

WILLIAM FOSTER: I know you stopped breakfast, Rick. Sheila told me you
stopped. . . .
Why am I calling you by first names? I don't know you.
I call my boss " mister" after years, but I walk in here, a stranger.
. . .and I' m calling you Rick and Sheila like we' re in an AA meeting. I don't want to be your buddy, Rick. I just want a little breakfast.

WAITRESS SHEILA: You can call me Miss Folsom if you want to.

MANAGER RICK: We stopped serving breakfast at 10:30 .

WILLIAM FOSTER: Have you ever heard the expression, "The customer is always right”? Well, here I am. The customer.

MANAGER RICK: That's not our policy. You have to order something from the lunch menu.

WILLIAM FOSTER: I don't want lunch. I want breakfast.

MANAGER RICK: Yeah, well, hey, I' m really sorry.

WILLIAM FOSTER: Yeah, well, hey, I' m really sorry too!

CUMSTOMER: He's got a gun!

WILLIAM FOSTER: Let's get organized! Calm down! Just calm down everybody. Sit down over there! Mister. Where are you going?
No. You sit down there, and you finish your lunch. Everybody just relax and take it easy. Eat your lunch. Please. You all need your vitamins A, B and--
Don't! It was an accident! It's the trigger. It's sensitive. It's okay! It's a sensitive trigger.

WILLIAM FOSTER: Could I have my breakfast?

MANAGER RICK: Yes, sir. Sheila?

WILLIAM FOSTER: Rick? Miss Folsom? You know what? You were right. I've changed my mind. I' m going to have some lunch. Could I have a double Whammyburger with cheese---You getting this? -Yes, sir. And an order of Whammy fries and, let's see . . . . . .a Choco-Wham shake.

MANAGER RICK: Yes, sir. Sheila, get his order.

WILLIAM FOSTER: Rick, could you get it for me, please? I feel comfortable calling you Rick after all we've been through together.

WILLIAM FOSTER: How you doing? Enjoying your meal? How about you? Is it good? And you, ma'am? How's the food?

WILLIAM FOSTER: I think we have a critic. I don't think she likes the special sauce.
That's a joke. Now, here we go. Thank you. See, this is what I'm talking about. Look at that. See what I mean? It's plump, juicy, three inches thick. Look at this sorry, miserable, squashed thing. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with this picture?
Anybody? Anybody at all?



Overall this task helped me get use to the camera and editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment